Friday, May 7, 2010

My Contribution

Hi everyone,

My blogging tutorial is coming soon. I have a busy few days ahead so it might not be up until Monday. In the mean time.....

Google Calender
I have fixed the problem with google calender but to do this I had to create a new one. If I invited you to the OLD calender last week please delete this from your google account as it is inactive.

Once I have received the spreadsheet with everyones contact details from Kat I will invite everyone to the NEW one and tick them off. If I start doing it now I will miss people out for sure so best just hold off. Not much going to be going on the next wee while anyway.

Poll on Blogging

I have put up a sample poll. It was neccessary for everyone to get to grips with this blog but if you are interested in learning more about blogging and starting your own blog, register your interest in the poll. I think we could use this to vote on other things like class rep votes, choosing trips, fundraising and other skillswaps....

Wordpress 
pros- it looks more professional, it is much better for displaying images- can create slideshows and galleries (see my blog & Lizettes), you get a graph of how many people have visited your blog every day and what they clicked to get to it.
cons- Because it has more features it takes a little more time to learn to use it.

I am keen to keep this Textiletastic blog where it is because it's so easy to use so the people who aren't so good at computers aren't put off using it.

I'll write up on my own blog my reflections on the workshop morning soon too. Meanwhile, I noticed Lizette has posted some of her own thoughts too so have a look.

New Pages
On this blog I have created a few separate pages so we can have an about us section. Was thinking we could have a full list of all our names on this and maybe a nice picture (not the ones on our student cards!)

Having separate pages keeps the main page nice and tidy too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment